Model Course 2
Area North of Toyama Station
Take the Suijo Line and Portram, and enjoy Toyama’s abundant nature and old port town
1. Starting at Toyama Station’s North Gate, take a leisurely walk (about 10 min) to Fugan Unga Kansui Park. There you can enjoy a cup of coffee at one of the most beautiful Starbucks in the world, while admiring the pleasant scenery at the water’s edge.
2. Jump on the Fugan Suijo Line (leisure boat cruise), and head out towards the ocean, arriving at the Iwase Canal Hall. The electricity-powered boat glides silently along the canal surface, allowing you to relax peacefully while taking in the beautiful nature and birdlife along the way. (Wi-Fi is also available on the boat!) Website≫
3. From the hall, walk 15 min to the Toyama Port Viewing Platform, where you can enjoy a 360-degree view of Iwase and the port from 20 m above the ground. Of course, the stunning Tateyama Mountain Range can be seen rising in the distance.
4. Once you’re done, come down and take a short 10-min stroll to the 19th Century Mori Residence and Shipping Agency, a must when you’re in the Iwase area. This “Important Cultural Property” Edo style residence was the home and office of one of the leading shipping agency families in Iwase.
5. When you’re finished, walk 15 min to Higashi-Iwase Station and catch the Portram back to Toyama Station North Gate (about 20 min).
- Approximate cost
(Fugan Suijo Line, Portram, plus entry to the Mori Residence.)